Department of Gujarati
About the Department
- Started in 1962 as subsidiary subject and in 1971 as principal subject.
- Trends in success rate and drop out rate of students during the past five years.
Success rate in the students is 95 % and drop out ratio is about 10%. .
- Learning resources of the departments like library, computers, laboratories and other such resources :
Library resources : About 3000 books and 07 literary magazines, audio-video cassettes.
- • Enhancement of the learning resources during the past five years.
- Few video CDs of Gujarati Poetry- Programmes of Poets meet were held with eminent poets like Rajendra Shukla, Vanchit Kukmawala, Ramnik Someshwar
- Modern teaching methods in practice other than lecture method
- One-act plays
- Role playing
- Gazal Recitation
- Plan of action
PG center of Gujarati at college.
Sonal T. Vaishnav
Mrs. Sonal T. Vaishnav has the teaching experience of 16 years. She also teaches in PG Centre of Gujarati at R R Lalan College, Bhuj. She is counselor at IGNOU Adipur Centre and Ambedkar University Adipur Centre. She has translated a collection of Sindhi poems ‘Soneri rang nii kaardash’ into Gujarati. Mrs. Sonal Vaishnav presented a paper on ‘Regionalism in Kutchi Novels’ in a national workshop on ‘Asia and Asian Cities’ held by Department of Sindhi, TCAS in October 2005.
Ramesh L Deshmukh MA
Ramesh Deshmukh has teaching experience of 13 years. He is also a paper setter and evaluator at Kachchh University and Gujarat University.
- Total number of students : 285
- Achievements of the students :
a) Ex. Students Ms Jayshree Zaru is appointed as Assistant Collector of Baroda.b) Ms. Kanti Malasattar is appointed as a lecturer in M S University, Baroda.c) Both the students have cleared NET and doing their Ph.D. work.