Department of Microbiology
About the Department
- Started in : 1995
- Trends in success rate and drop out rate of students during the past five years :
Result of Microbiology T.Y.B.Sc. 95 %.Drop out rate of student - Nil.
- Learning resources of the departments like library, computers, laboratories and other such resources:
Department possesses a very good laboratory, its departmental library and a computer.
- Enhancement of the learning resources during the past five years:
Learning resources OHP & Multimedia Projects LCD Projector. Lot of efforts are made to enhance learning resources mainly at experimental side by introducing various new latest apparatus to the laboratory.
- Plan of action of the department for the next five years:
Laboratory Instrumentation should be improved like LAF & PCR. A/c & Dust free Laboratory. Seeking for projects from UGC
Dr. Archana P. Upadhyay M.Sc., DBM, Ph.D.
Dr. Archana Upadhyay became the Head of the Microbiology department after the sad demise of Mr. Mukesh Gadpe. She completed her Ph.D. with all the routine responsibilities of the college and the family. She is hard working and popular amongst the students.
- The total no.of students : 79
- Students Achievements :
Three students have received Gold medal in Gujarat University. 2005 :Maithily Mehta stood Second position in Seminar taken by Microbiology Study Circle at Nadiad .Topic : Bioremediation.2006 :Vidisha Vijaykumar stood second position in National Symposium Seminar held at Rajkot.Topic : Nanotechnology.Model Presentation by Momisha Khenduri, Devinder Dhanoa, Bhagawati, Sunita & Deena.