Department of Political Science
About the Department
- Started in 1962 as a subsidiary subject.
- Change in syllabus during past 5 years
The syllabus was changed for the betterment of the students in 2003. The faculty herself is the chairperson of the board of studies at Kachchh University therefore her role is very vital.
- Trends in success rate and drop out rate of students during last five years.
Success rate - 95%
First class - 45%
Second class -35%
Pass class - 15%
A.T.K.T & Fail – 05%
- Learning resources of the departments like library, computers, laboratories and other such resources.
Various modern & traditional techniques are provided to the student for their development. The central library is equipped with various reference books, fiction books, magazines and even with the computer. More than 800 books are there on the subject.
- Modern Teaching method in practice other than the lecture method.
Paper presentation, seminars, charts display, exhibitions etc.
- Plan of action of the department for the next five years
To have Political Science as the Principle subject & also at P.G level.
Mrs. Harsha H. Dagia
Ms Harsha H. Dagia is a Part Time Lecturer. Besides the post-graduation in Political Science, she has done the graduation in Library Science also.
She has worked as an IGNOU FACULTY for seven years.
She has attended various conferences and workshops organized by Kachchh University. U.G.C sponsored workshop for college teachers like ‘Higher education in knowledge society’ and ‘Asia & Asian city’.
- Total number of students : 400
- Achievements of the students :
- Chart display
- Paper presentations
- Assignment work