|Kanthkot (P) : Population 2,246.|
Kanthkot is an old fort about 5 km circularly situated on the top of an isolated rocky hill. This place was the capital of Kathis in 8th century and it was taken from them by the Chavdas. After the Chavdas, the Solankis came and after them the Vaghelas. Mod befriended Vaghela who not only gave Kanthkot but also his daughter in marriage to Mod’s son Sad. Sad lived in Kanthkot and made it his capital. Sad’s son Ful named the fort Kanthadurg. Bhimdev sought shelter from Mahmud of Ghazni in 11th century at Kanthkot. In 1816 it surrendered to the British who razed it to the ground. On the hill are remains of three temples of which one is dedicated to the ascetic Kanthadnath, the second a Jain temple and the third a temple of the sun.